Tuesday, February 06, 2007

belated drum roll please ...


and the winner is..... Jo.

We drew a name out of this glass container on Sunday morning. I was too tired Saturday evening because of a day out with the girls, but more of that later. With hand over eyes, no peeking and no cheating, little fella pulled out one piece of paper and so the bag is on its way to Jo. Sorry Jo, I haven't posted it yet but it will go in the post tomorrow - I'm a bit behind with wrapping it up and addressing it.

So back to Saturday. I got the train from Paddington over to Oxford to meet up with Ali and Monica. The weather was glorious and the train journey beautifully uneventful. Although if I had got the later train, the one I had intended to get, I wouldn't have made it to Oxford until after lunch - some train drama at Didcot apparently.

We had coffee and chatted and then went to a textile exhibition and wandered around the rest of the Pitt Rivers beautifully bizarre collection. We had a yummy lunch at the Ashmolean Museum Cafe - Ali's treat. Wandered around Oxford perused some fabrics and notions then more coffee and chat. It was a fantastic way to spend a day. Sorry I forgot my camera so no photos.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angel Jem said...

But Ali and Monica remembered theirs! Their party bags looked lovely, you're a kind lady! I'm glad you had a good time meeting up, friendship is such a gift, isn't it? and I sometimes think we crafters forget that there are other people out there who also swoon over textiles and papier-mache.

February 07, 2007 9:52 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh it sounds like such a lovely day, you lucky thing. So nice to get away from everyday life sometimes, even if only for a short time.

February 07, 2007 7:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely. Wish I lived nearer to join you on your days out!

February 08, 2007 12:45 pm  
Blogger Berber said...

So jealous of your little get-together! In Oxford no less!

I was there last year and went to the Pitts River museum (loved it) and to the museum cafe quite a couple of times (no need to say I loved it there as well).

February 12, 2007 9:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home