Monday, March 05, 2007

meet matilda ...

Oh dear me. I am trying to get my grip on things again I seem to have been running to stand still and have only to managed to blog twice in the last three weeks or so. I'm also just feeling horribly tired and lethargic for no apparent reason and totally lacking in any impetus or enthusiasm - I need a serious dose of sunshine.

But I haven't been doing absolutely nothing (not quite anyway). There are a few things to show you.

So today I would like to introduce you to Matilda.
She is a another sock dog but this time she's a variation on the theme. She stands on two legs rather than on all fours and as a result I felt she need to be clothed. She looked obscenely naked otherwise. So I made her a little dress from some of my patchwork fabric.
I so want a dress like hers but the amount of fabric I would need would make it disgustingly expensive. But having said that I bought the fabric from Liberty a little while ago and this Wednesday they have 15% off event for Liberty card holders - maybe that dress will be mine. I am hoping to meet up with flibbertygibbet on the evening for some parting with cash and drinks courtesy of Liberty.

Something I neglected to say on my last post was why I craft. I offered up the question and then failed to answer it myself - doh. The answer is simple - it makes my head happy.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shopping, hurrah! I trust you'll be up to restraining me when I try to spend up to my limits on all my credit cards in there...

March 05, 2007 10:08 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

Running to stand still - yes, I recognise the phenomenon well.

And does Flibbertygibbet know that your're more likely to be standing behind her chanting "buy it, buy it".

Though the fabric is lovely and you're worth it!

March 06, 2007 9:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my head would be happy if I had just created the lovely Matilda. Have fun at Liberty.

March 06, 2007 5:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I can totally see why a dress like that would make you even happier!!

Gorgeous fabric.

And I love the name Matilda. It was on my girl's names shortlist.

What a waste of time that was, eh?

Have fun you two tomorrow, think of me drowning in vomit and pooh.

March 06, 2007 7:31 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

You might find me 'lurking' around the fabric department too!

March 06, 2007 10:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable dog! I loved that because she was standing you felt she needed to be clothed! Her outfit is quite nice on her!

March 29, 2007 5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home