Saturday, February 10, 2007

photo heavy bliss...

a wet Saturday, a rubbishy film on the box (Camelot in case you were wondering) and a couple of delectable magazines. Divine truly divine.

Husband had to go into central London yesterday and joy of joy he came home bearing gifts. First up is the Spring issue of Marie Claire Idees.
Look at this gorgeous sewing room/corner. I can at least feel happy I put my Bonne Maman jam jars to a similar use but that's as close as I get to something so chic and cute or indeed so clean and neat.Who would have thought of such a novel use of an egg carton - those clever crafty people and Marie Claire that's who.I love this sewing screen. A really good idea for optimising a limited space.
There are also lots of other inspiring ideas - tulips on bags, on tables, on quilts. Yellow on jugs, on plates, on textiles. Lamp shades made from scoubidoos - oh, the list is endless.

Then there's Martha Stewart Living. Which has a hard act to follow but it succeeds with some of its ideas. I like the repackaging of shop bought sweets and treatsthe scanning of lace to create wrapping paper is a good idea too.
Anyway back to browsing and dreaming. Love is a guy who not only puts up with all of your magazines but adds to your stockpile.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, a guy who enables the habit - that's a keeper!

February 10, 2007 9:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That man deserves an award.

And mags showing craft rooms like that are as guilty as fashion mags showing skinny models, I will always dream of having such a workshop, but know I'll never attain it! Organized chaos is bliss!

www.irishcraftworker.typepad.com

February 10, 2007 10:15 pm  
Blogger Flibbertygibbet said...

Isn't he good! Now did he come to you perfectly formed, or did he require training ;-)

February 10, 2007 11:37 pm  
Blogger Jade said...

Wow, you've trained him well! Sorry, just unlurking here...love your blog!

February 11, 2007 6:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's wonderful. Where did he get them?

February 11, 2007 1:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great ideas and what a great hubby!

February 11, 2007 8:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are lucky, my hubby takes my magazines away when i'm not looking! I have way too many supposedly.

February 11, 2007 8:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. Lucky you.

My husband always goes on business with a 'shopping' list for the newstand...

Hey, gotta keep them trained right?

I love that Marie Claire Idees... can't find it around here. Sigh.

That egg carton is TOO cute.

February 11, 2007 9:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some lovely ideas, I'll have to keep my eye out for those round here - my husband wouldn't notice them, but then he did by me a Country Living subscription so I can't complain!

February 12, 2007 12:50 pm  
Blogger A home sewn, recycled,vintage life said...

Resistance is futile LOL!
My Man has always been in the acceptance stage, you know he's happy while i'm happy but he'd never be able to buy me a mag on his own, sigh! Lucky girl!
I just l-o-v-e the craft room.

February 14, 2007 9:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a subscription to marie claire but have had problems. where oh where did he buy it . I live in london and have not seen it.

February 17, 2007 12:32 pm  
Blogger Feltbug said...

Hi there - I have just discovered your blog - lovely felt work ! I too would love to know where you can get Marie Claire idees in London. I am looking forward to exploring further.

March 08, 2007 1:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home