Wednesday, March 07, 2007

happy post ...

Somedays I just love it when the postman comes, especially if he has to ring the doorbell. The days when it isn't just bills plopping on to the doormat. Those are Happy Post days and I've had a few of them recently.

Firstly, bing bong, the postman brought me a copy of Romantic Homes. Not just any copy though but the now famous Alicia issue. It was a swap with Toni she got a copy of Marie Claire Idees and I got this delight and some Jelly Bellys.

Bing Bong another day and another parcel this time from Monica a copy of this month's Real Simple. Which I love and this month there are a couple of recipes that have really taken my fancy and a couple or crafty ideas too.The picture also shows one of Monica's lovely moo cards - the colours on the card compliment the magazine cover beautifully.

Then today, no bing bong, but when I came home from my run there was a parcel waiting for me. Luckily my husband was home to answer the door. This time it was the most amazing handmade felt from Simmy.

She had kindly offered to send me some of her off cuts when I expressed a desire to use real wool felt for my brooches. Apparently she thought the offcuts too small to be useful so she put this package together. I love the orange and blue colours sadly the photo doesn't do them justice.

I am such a lucky girl to get such happy post.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, Happy Mail! (I wish the U.S. used the term 'Post').

that felt is amazing!!!

March 07, 2007 7:20 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I love Happy Post. My heart beats a little faster each time the postman rings the bell, especially if it is something I am not expecting (or have forgotten about buying...)

Your brooch is so pretty, I have been making felt brooches too, I love the ease of working with felt, those colours are gorgeous.

March 07, 2007 7:44 pm  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

Is that a British magazine? I've never seen it before.

March 08, 2007 10:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love happy post - it always cheers you up doesn't it!!

March 09, 2007 8:07 pm  
Blogger Angel Jem said...

Lucky lucky lady! Aren't parcels just so cute? Enjoy the magazine and the felt!

March 12, 2007 2:23 pm  
Blogger Cally said...

I love how you describe your great postie gift as 'the now famous Alicia issue', it really is famous isn't it. Wish we had it in this country (scotland)

March 12, 2007 7:26 pm  
Blogger love.boxes said...

Love Alicia, the photographs in that magazine are delish. Love your pretty felt as well! Happy mail to you!

March 13, 2007 3:09 am  
Blogger mitsi said...

ooh i love that mag, i subscribed to it last month ... dreamy

March 13, 2007 11:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home