Monday, March 26, 2007

thank goodness ...

... last week is now over. It was a complete write-off for a variety of reasons, hence no blogging, but today the gorgeous spring sun came up on a new week so lets run with it.

Last Sunday I met up with Monica and Ali and had a lot of fun wandering around the Country Living Fair with them. It makes such a difference going round with other people rather than on your lonely ownsome. We saw Samantha of Plump Pudding fame at her stand which looked wonderful. I was also rather taken with the as twee as can be stand and Jennifer Collier's amazing paper shoes, child dresses and jewellery. And of course Janet Bolton's amazing work made me sigh with admiration. There was so much to look at including a eye-catching knitted sofa cover. I came away with lots of inspiration and a slight hankering to have my own stall. Only a slight hankering mind you.

I was also the happy recipient of a lovely gift from Ali.

Did you spot it? Ali has her own moo cards.

That Sunday was also Mothering Sunday and I thought I would share with you a photo of the card I sent to my mum.Yep, there's one of those felt flower brooches on it.

I have also been working on the crochet granny squares. Thank you for all the words of encouragement and advice. As Liz advised, I did another couple of rounds and yes it did start to click and look more like they should.

They are also highly addictive so I expect to do many more.

8 Comments:

Blogger Berber said...

So jealous that you got to go to the CL-fair... I would have loved to have a had a good look around!

March 26, 2007 9:45 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Lovely colours on the granny squares!

March 26, 2007 9:52 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

You've been gone so long - I'm happy you're back and it was so much more fun going together.

Get a stall for next year, go on, you totally should. If you keep going on the granny squares, you might have enough to cover your own sofa by then! And I'm first volunteer to help man it and wax lyrical about your skill and style.

March 26, 2007 10:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, we may have to bar you from the crochet class as you may be too good.

Only kidding!

March 26, 2007 10:33 pm  
Blogger Katie Jean said...

Your granny squares are looking great. I love the color combo!

March 27, 2007 1:40 am  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oh, I love your Mothering Sunday card! And I love that you call it Mothering Sunday -- ours isn't until May and my mother loves all things UK, so I may have to put that on her card! Too cute!

March 27, 2007 3:24 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

The crochet squares are fantastic, looks like you have really got the hang of it now, I am going to have try and get my head around it I am experiencing serious granny square envy.

I love the brooch on the card, I have been making some card/brooches too, they seem to make the perfect little gift.

March 27, 2007 6:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must get to that fair one year - it sounds like you had a really fun time together. BTW I love the brooch card - what a great idea and guess what I've ordered some MOO cards too. Can't wait to get them.

March 30, 2007 12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home