Thursday, May 10, 2007

aqua and pink ...

mmm I just love this colour combination at the moment. It is a light summery version of the red and aqua that was so popular around Christmas time.The gingham makes me think of hazy lazy summer picnics - sadly the weather here at the moment is as far as it could be from summery. It's so wet, so blustery, so yucky. Oh hang on, what on earth am I thinking, that is typical British summer weather.Look at this goodness which landed on my doormat today. Anna, my vintage button swap partner, sent me some more goodies.A lovely leaf brooch with incumbent ladybird and that key is the key to my life.

And just look what my dearly beloved came home from work with - the latest issue of Blueprint.
I'm just loving the photos of Purl owner Joelle Haverson's gorgeous shop and home.So now I am off to sit down with a glass of wine and gaze wistfully at all that scrumptious fabric and wool.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where, pray tell, did he manage to buy Blueprint? Actually, no, don't tell me... Tell me!!!

May 10, 2007 9:29 pm  
Blogger GigerVamp said...

hehe, I was just wondering the same thing!

May 11, 2007 1:09 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Lovely colours and bag!

Glad you're back - would also love to hear where I might get a fix of Blueprint!

May 11, 2007 8:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bag - especially the design and colours. How did you attach the circles?

May 12, 2007 7:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great colour combination. I am so bad at colours and I'm constantly asking poor Amber if this or that looks good together.

Love the cards BTW - how did you do the word Thank You - is it a stamp or individual letters?

May 12, 2007 7:41 am  
Blogger Angel Jem said...

Where did he get Blueprint? And that colour combo is sooo cool!

May 12, 2007 10:10 am  
Blogger Di said...

I love the pink and aqua! Your bag is great! I really need to learn to sew....

May 12, 2007 9:55 pm  
Blogger A home sewn, recycled,vintage life said...

Ditto with the blueprint! I was only in Borders yesterday and they still had the last issue.

Bag colours are very pretty.

May 13, 2007 2:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, they have Blueprint in Borders so I may have to get a copy today. It is one of those magazines I have picked u a few times, but never bought (I am normally looking for that elusive and yet to be found Marie Claire Idees!). Love the aqua and pink - such a fab combination.

May 15, 2007 10:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home