Wednesday, May 09, 2007

what was that? ...

it sounded like a cold lonely wind blowing through this deserted little blog - ahh, indeed there goes the tumbleweed rolling along.

I know it has been ages since I lasted posted. What can I say? After all that lust I think I was over taken by sloth. But really it was only slothfulness in relation to this blog. I have really been working my little butt off.

We had family visiting us for the Bank Holiday weekend so there was lots of cleaning to be done, making up of beds, buying in of supplies and so on in preparation. There was seven of us fighting for sleeping space in our little flat so I am not sure how well everyone really slept. But it was all worth it as we had a lovely time.

The only thing I have really had time to do is to make some cards. One is a belated Birthday card - oops.and the other is one of several thank you cards I have had a lot of thanking to do recently and whilst it was tempting to buy a pack of 'thank you' cards I opted to go for a more personal approach.

Thank you Yarn Shop Girl - Sorry, I couldn't find your email address - for your generous offer but I haven't a clue what Martha Craft stuff I would like until I see it and then it would probably just confirm that I would really rather like all of it. It's the packaging that really does it for me. I have always been a sucker for anything in gorgeous, well thought out packaging.

Finally, I spent this evening cutting out some fabric for another bag - it's in my new favourite yummy colour combination. It's too dark now to take a photo so I'll post about it tomorrow.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you have you back ;-)

May 10, 2007 7:47 am  
Blogger Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Just found your blog and spent a lovely time with a cuppa reading over it. Love the stuff you do and as for the Paris photos, Oh how I love that place.
WIll be back
SUzie Sews (UK)

May 10, 2007 10:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back - you've been missed!

May 10, 2007 11:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There may be tumbleweed blowing around your way but seasons have changed since I posted last!

Hibernation was helped though by reading some really good books and I love the Persephone series.
One of my favourites is The home-Maker.
(http://www.persephonebooks.co.uk/pages/books/the_home_maker.htm)
Have you read it?
Glad you're back..

May 10, 2007 2:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK! what's going on here! My comments been eaten...the link if you need it should have read....
http://www.persephonebooks.co.uk/pages/books/the_home_maker.htm

May 10, 2007 2:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I GIVE UP! The book is The Home-Maker by Dorothy Canfield Fisher. I've argued with blogger but it wont let me post a comment now...AARGH! After all this I bet you've read it and hated it! Still, I tried....:)

May 10, 2007 2:36 pm  
Blogger AC said...

Love the cards.
Alison x

May 10, 2007 8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home