Wednesday, May 16, 2007

just messin' around ...

I had fun this morning. Housework was done in record time leaving me a couple of free hour before work so I just messed around. Yesterday I finally bought me a glue gun and today I got busy using it

I had seen this thumbtack idea over on howaboutorange and have been wanting to have a go at them for ages. I'm really pleased with the four that I made and although they were quite time consuming they were very theraputic to make. My noticeboard is crying out for nice pins so there are certainly more of these little babies on the cards.

Following on the theme I thought I would use some of the larger buttons to make some fabric badges.And then just as I was leaving for work look what the postman brought.
The much coveted Amy Butler fabric which I ordered from Get Knitted and who despatched it extremely quickly. And look a pen and lolly popped into the package for good measure. So I certainly see some more skirts on the very near horizon. But they will have to wait until after the weekend as I am off to Amsterdam tomorrow for a couple of days.

7 Comments:

Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Aren't those little thumbtacks fun? I'm totally addicted. Yours are very cute -- have fun making more!

May 17, 2007 2:38 am  
Blogger Ali said...

You European city gad about! Have a great time. The Amy Butler is gorgeous - I had my finger poised over the checkout button last night and then resisted for some reason. Now I wish I hadn't.

May 17, 2007 7:34 am  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Lovely! Have fun in Amsterdam. I've just tagged you with the 7 facts meme - play if you want to!

May 17, 2007 10:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colours in the Amy Butler fabric are lovely, what are you going to make?
Have fun in Amsterdam...many fabric shops there??!

May 19, 2007 7:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fabric badges!!! where did you get those? I've been looking for some 'kit' do it yourself thingy for ages!!!!

Love all the fabric too. :)

May 21, 2007 11:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you're not going to just leave us dangling with a few pics of your pins and brooches are you Caroline? They are just beautiful - and I'm intrigued to hear how you made the brooches with all that paraphanalia in the first pic (I've never made a button in my life.

I'm also thinking I need to go on a trip after reading about Paris and Amsterdam!

May 21, 2007 10:17 pm  
Blogger Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Really interested in the badgers, was it a kit with the backs, please let me know as I have been scanning my fabric then using the kids badge making kit, not quite the same result. I so love Get Knitted, I have quite a stash of their pens now, I love to knit but since the fabric line, well more parcels arrive...
SUzie Sews

May 24, 2007 5:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home