Wednesday, July 18, 2007

freezer paper fun ...

thank you for all the "waving boy" love. I must confess that I was very chuffed with how the T-Shirt came out.Freezer paper stencils are a nice quick way to add a design to an item of clothing and I thought of putting up a tutorial but there are far better ones here and here than I could produce.

It really does need to be freezer paper, waxed or greaseproof or parchment paper won't work because they don't have the plastic coating that bonds the paper stencil to the fabric. The only maker of freezer paper seems to be Reynolds and here in the UK there are several places you can buy it from, mainly quilting supplies shops. I tend to get mine from the Quilt Room or Quilt Direct and I have spotted it for sale in a local sewing shop.

I use whatever paint the local art supply shop has at the time - I just check that it is fabric paint and what temperatures it can be washed at.

For more Freezer paper stencil inspiration there is a Flickr group.

And look what the postman brought to my door todaymy prize package from paper-and-string. Thank you so much Sarah.

6 Comments:

Blogger dottycookie said...

I'm so glad you put this up - I am dying to put some kiddie art onto T-shirts!

July 18, 2007 10:55 pm  
Blogger Di said...

Thanks for the links to the freezer paper activity!! I think I need to try this!

July 18, 2007 11:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links! I've always wanted to try this.

July 20, 2007 10:16 am  
Blogger millhillmum said...

Thanks for putting up the tutorial and for letting us know where you get the freezer paper.

July 20, 2007 5:01 pm  
Blogger Angel Jem said...

You get discount working at Waterstones?

Just a note to say your bag is lovely & I use it all the time :)

July 20, 2007 5:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopped by to catch up, love the t-shirt it is brilliant.

July 20, 2007 5:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home