Monday, July 09, 2007

it was all OK ...

don't panic my silence hasn't been because I have been hiding away in a cupboard as a result of a traumatic Fair experience but rather because it was quite productive really.

The sun shone, everyone had lots of fun and I sold 5 bags which out of 12 is not bad going. With hindsight I could have done alot more to show off my wares and draw in customers but I think it was a bit too personal for me. I was just too shy and embarrassed to make anything of it. My big concern was that other mums would feel obliged to buy them and that thought mortifies me. So maybe a fair where I am a bit more anonymous would be better - either that or Etsy.

Having said that the Fair did also lead to a couple of orders for bags in different colourways. So I have had my head down cutting, sewing, pinning and packing. But it is wonderful to feel that I am actually getting something back from my hobby and I can continue to invest in it. Which is just as well because a package of fabric arrived from Cia today.The lovely Heather Ross latests. The colours in real-life are gorgeous and the photo really doesn't do them justice.

9 Comments:

Blogger saraeden said...

glad it went well and that you sold some of your lovely bags ...
hope you enjoyed it tooo !!!

Sara x

July 09, 2007 11:34 pm  
Blogger Locket Pocket said...

I know what you mean about the embarassment of selling to people you know at school craft fairs - it's the same when friends order something - I hate having to tell them the price! Glad it went well though. Lucy

July 10, 2007 9:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done. I think you should try a fair where you don't know anyone next, don't let it put you off. Once you have done a few you will be fine!
Love your new fabrics!

July 10, 2007 9:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased that evrything went well - 5 bags that is great. What about all those plants did they go or have you still got a hash factory?

July 10, 2007 10:23 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

Soubds like you had a good time.

July 10, 2007 11:15 am  
Blogger dottycookie said...

Congratulations on selling the bags - I'm hoping to organise myself enough by Christmas to have a stall somewhere but based on your commenta I don't think I'll do our school fayre!

Those new fabrics are gorgeous; I've never ordered fabric fron abroad - is it all straightforward, or is the postage crippling? Thanks for posting the link to Cia's site - I have been browsing around in my lunch hour coveting all sorts of things!

July 10, 2007 12:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your successful fair :)

July 10, 2007 2:10 pm  
Blogger Angel Jem said...

I love those russian doll prints... I am going to have to get some for me & the princess. Glad the fair went well.... I'm too shy to sell to people I know and too scared to sell to those I don't. Stuck in the horns of a dilemma!

July 10, 2007 5:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should NOT be shy about it. YOu've got great taste and great skills... show them off!!!

July 10, 2007 7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home