Monday, June 11, 2007

your wish is my command ...

Ali requested some pictures from inside the Japanese stamping book that I received as part of my fabric swap package from Kahne.

And because I am totally unable to think today this provides me with a nice easy solution of what to post. So here you go ...

First up there are several photo heavy pages of instructions which is great when you have no Japanese. It shows you the equipment you will need and how to transfer the images on to the rubber and then how to carve your design.(although I would love to know what the little lady with the bun is trying to tell me)It shows how to layer your stamps and colours to create designs.Then it gives you lots and lots of ideas. Like, how about putting designs on little paper lunch bags - yeah right! So it can be screwed up and thrown in the bin? Not likely. But if I made biscuits as a gift then it could be a great idea.

And what about printing onto fabric and ribbon or braid I love this idea I just need to get some colourfast printing ink and then the world will be my oyster.

There are then also lots of designs in several different styles and covering a whole range of themes that you can copy and then it shows you how these designs can be put to good use.
Well I hope you liked that little tour through the book and apologies for the quality of the photos. Oh by the way the ISBN is 407248881X and there are a few more images here.

8 Comments:

Blogger hannah said...

what a cute book, DO you just use an eraser to make the stamps, I would love to have a go.

June 11, 2007 11:03 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

You're a gem, thanks Caroline!

And the lady with the bun? She says not to undercut the edges of your image. Make your cuts at an angle away from the edge of your stamp, not towards it.

June 12, 2007 6:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fab book. i love stamping. Your idea to make some stamped ribbon and trim is a good one. That stuff is so expensive to buy. I would love to see more of what you stamp and how it is done.

June 12, 2007 10:04 am  
Blogger Cosy said...

What a great book. I love that Ali 'translated' the lady with the bun (maybe she knows or is really translating). I hope you post pictures of your stamping efforts. Then I can live vicariously through your creativity! That is my crafty experience at the moment: lots of reading inspiring stuff, not much in production.

June 12, 2007 10:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the lunch bag idea..a suprise for the kids every day! (This coming from the woman who spends a good 10 minutes drawing on bananas every morning!)

June 12, 2007 11:58 am  
Blogger Di said...

The book looks great! It's nice to see that you can do more than make cards with stamping!!

June 12, 2007 5:31 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

What a great book and a lovely swap package - lucky you!

June 12, 2007 7:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too too cute! I have a pile of stamps that I never use and now I fancy making mine own ... to join the others in the pile no doubt!

June 14, 2007 5:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home