Monday, May 21, 2007

7 ...

I've been tagged by Knitting Ingrid and Maxine so here are seven random things about me.

1. I was born in the Chinese year of the Pig and my element is metal. Which apparently means I am strong and assertive, passionate, cheerful, industrious and worth my weight in gold. But not a very good judge of character and tend to think other people are better than they really are. I am also prone to naivety, materialism, superficiality and laziness. So now consider yourself warned.

2. My favourite facial wash is Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser. So much so that I used to get it Fed Ex'd from New York (that sounds so extravagant doesn't it?!). Luckily there are now a couple of places in London I can get it from.

3. I am currently reading 'Salt' by Jeremy Page. It is a book set in one of my favourite places - North Norfolk but I have only really just started it so the jury is still out on what I think of the book although so far it is favourable.

4. I used to have a gap between my front teeth, the technical term is a diastema, but I had it filled a couple of years ago. It was not much fun studying Chaucer's 'The Wife of Bath' because she was 'gat-toothed' a sure sign of a whore back then - that made for fun in class.

5. I used to do Judo and got as far as orange belt otherwise known as fourth kyu.

6. The first CD I ever bought was 10,000 Maniacs "In My Tribe", which was far cooler than the first record I bought which I think was Bucks Fizz "My Camera Never Lies". Bucks Fizz were the first band I ever saw play live. I saw them play Mansfield Leisure Centre and their support act was Bob Carolgees with Spit the Dog - oh, I tell you it was a real classy evening! I later went on to see many more bands play live and most far less damaging to my street cred.

7. I am scared of clowns or indeed anyone dressed up in a character outfit. Just the thought of them makes my skin crawl.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Bucks Fizz and Bob Carolgees live! Now that's a confession - or is that merely my Pig superficial streak making me laugh?.

May 22, 2007 6:48 am  
Blogger Flibbertygibbet said...

If it makes you feel any better - I can't believe I am about to admit this - but the first album I bought, which was on tape not vinyl so at least you get some cool points for that, was also... yes, you've guessed it, Bucks Fizz!!

May 22, 2007 8:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least Bucks Fizz won Eurovision - in 20 years some poor soul will be admitting that the first record they ever bought was Skooch or Sploosh or whatever out entry this year was called!

May 22, 2007 8:52 am  
Blogger Penny said...

The Bucks Fizz buying club comes out in force! The first single I bought was "Making Your Mind Up". And yes, it was the day after they won Eurovision.

May 22, 2007 1:10 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I have a slight gap between my front tooth too. Had it filled out just 2 days before my wedding, bit into an apple and the gap was back :/

Thanks for your feedback Caroline, and very nice to meet you.
(^____^)

May 23, 2007 3:50 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That face wash looks great - where can I get it in London? Unlike 'some' lucky people we know I'm not hopping on a plane to NY in the next few weeks! ;)

May 23, 2007 8:58 pm  
Blogger Locket Pocket said...

thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog. your 7 facts are great. lucy

May 25, 2007 7:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Nan always used to say that having a gap between your two front teeth was lucky as it was a sign that you would always have money.

May 30, 2007 11:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home