Sunday, June 10, 2007

sunday evening ...

What a lovely weekend - the weather has been totally gorgeous so sunny and warm. But now it's Sunday evening, the eve of another week, so it seems the perfect time to play a little catch-up.

On Friday I finally got to see the Kylie exhibition at the V&A and just in the nick of time as it closed today.

I am pleased I went as it is quite amazing see costumes up close and personal. Just like the stars that wear them they often benefit from good lighting and a considerate photographer. Some of the costumes were really showing their age and displaying signs of the hard life that they have clearly had performing but others. Well those others were just amazing, truly stupendous. They are the most stunning creations of pure couture imagination and expertise.

Friday was also a good day for post. The pattern for the "Day in the Park" backpack tote from Leisl over at Disdressed arrived so I now need to think about which fabric I will use. I also got the most amazing package from Kahne as part of the Flibberygibbet fabric swap. Just look at all that gorgeousness. I have been thinking of working in just red and white fabric patchwork for a while now. I just never got myself in gear but now I have no excuse. I am also really intrigued by the Japanese stamp book - lots of fabulous ideas. Also in the package was a copy of the Sew U book and Real Simple magazine. It was a wonderfully generous swap package to receive - thank you so much Kahne.

And today I worked on a special little bag for a special little person but I can't put any pictures up yet in case of prying eyes. The next thing on my list is that top I mentioned. It's another Built by Wendy shirt and I plan to make the one in the middle using that cream fabric that has a silver stripes running through it. Here's hoping for some good sewing opportunities in the week ahead.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Pretty please, you have to show us some pictures from the Stamp book - I love Japanese style rubber stamps!

And I have a supply of rubber, just waiting to be carved...

June 10, 2007 11:13 pm  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Lucky you -- a package from Kahne! I love the top you're going to make -- you must get different patterns than we do -- I just looked at Simplicity patterns the other day and don't remember that one -- maybe I'll have to look again. I'll be looking forward to seeing it made up!

June 11, 2007 2:16 am  
Blogger dottycookie said...

Your package looks lovely - I missed the sign up and now I am envious! Hope you make something gorgeous with it all.

June 11, 2007 10:11 pm  
Blogger KBG said...

I'm so glad that you liked it. As I said - I do hope that you get more use (any use would be more use) out of those books than I did! And I loved your package as well. Thanks so much!

June 18, 2007 10:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home