Thursday, July 05, 2007

more bags and a few plants...

as promised here are the other bags I have made for the fair. They are the larger shopper bags and measure 45cm wide, 41cm long and 10cm deep, the handles are 50cm long.

The linings in these bags are more sedate and understated. It is also a heavier weight fabric which helps to make the bag more durable and sturdy. Like the smaller bags there is a patch pocket in the lining.

And here's the price tag. I have had a lot of fun trying to make these as it forced me to try and get a feel for Illustrator. I'm lucky to have Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator on my computer but despite lots of promises to myself to learn how to use them I still haven't. So these tags were the perfect opportunity to dip my toe in the water. But I really must make more of an effort to learn how to use them all properly or even just a little more effectively.

We also have some marigold plants to sell at the fair, courtesy of a neighbour who is a commercial gardener. So at the moment the trays are lined up on the stairs down to our front door. It does tend to make it look like we are running a sort of hash factory!

Please cross your fingers that it is dry tomorrow afternoon and I'll be back to let you how it all went.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck good luck good luck!

your bags are gorgeous!!

July 06, 2007 2:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such pretty bags. They should go quickly. Best of luck with your fair :)

July 06, 2007 7:09 pm  
Blogger . said...

Good luck for tomorrow. It's supposed to be dry here so hopefully you'll be OK!

July 06, 2007 7:55 pm  
Blogger saraeden said...

your bags are lovely !! i hope you have a good day !!

sara x

July 07, 2007 10:02 am  
Blogger Ali said...

It's been pretty sunny here today - how did you get on?

July 07, 2007 8:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope all went well, the weather was really good where i was so hope it was for you too.

July 08, 2007 9:15 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

The bags look great - hope the weather stayed fine for you.

July 08, 2007 10:47 am  
Blogger Chookyblue...... said...

oyur bags lolk good....hope you do well at the fete..........

July 08, 2007 11:30 am  
Blogger Chookyblue...... said...

opps I am very tired.....your bags look good ...hope you do well at the fete is what I meant to say....sorry

July 08, 2007 11:34 am  
Blogger paper-and-string said...

hi
I hope your fair went well?
take a quick peek at my blog because you have won a freebie :-)
xxx

July 09, 2007 8:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home