Friday, August 10, 2007

show and tell 2 ...

well here we are back on the show and tell kick.
A couple of weeks ago I bought The Cute Book from The Book Depository. I was really impressed by their service, the book arrived quickly and was even delivered on a postal strike day!

Anyway the book arrived and Little Fella was really taken by it and by the afternoon he'd made his own little cutie. His name is Blue and he's a lizard. I had to help a little with the cutting out and stitching but he was a wizz with the stuffing.

We haven't been the only ones creating our own little creatures recently Pink Chalk Studio and Heidi have all been busy too.

The cuties are only a couple of inches big, the perfect size for sending through the post - Little Fella has grand plans to create loads of them and send them to friends. But seeing as he still hasn't written thank you notes for his birthday presents then I think they will remain just pie in the sky ideas.

Here's hoping for more of this glorious sunshine this weekend as I really must get out and tidy up the yard. All the rain has led to mad, rampant growth and it all needs a good hacking. And having previously said that I don't tend to partake of white wine because of its fortunate side effects I find myself typing this whilst imbibing a delightfully chilled Sauvignon Blanc. Cheers and here's to Friday evening!

10 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Methinks you've got some competition there!

Happy hacking.

August 10, 2007 10:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send a jpg of what you make!

August 10, 2007 11:26 pm  
Blogger Di said...

I love the little blue lizard!! How cute is he!

August 11, 2007 12:15 am  
Blogger Bethany said...

We (my kids and I) found this book at the bookstore too and they spent all afternoon making their little creatures... then sewing sleeping bags for them and pillows! I never thought I'd see the day when my son would want to sew, but he wanted the lizard! (his is green)

August 12, 2007 2:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those little cuties are just adorable, love anonymous' s idea takes away all the pressure.

August 12, 2007 12:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Lizard!! How lucky you are to have such a talented craft partner!

August 12, 2007 3:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your book got to you so quickly in spite of the postal strike. That's great to know. And, yup, that lizard Blue is adorable!

August 13, 2007 3:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful that he made that cute little blue creature :)

August 16, 2007 1:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the look of the book so much, we ordered it from Amazon. It arrived today and my daughter has wanted to make every thing in the book! Thanks

August 18, 2007 7:12 pm  
Blogger LuĂ­sa Silva said...

So cute your blue lizard.

August 20, 2007 11:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home