Monday, August 06, 2007

back again, again ...

Oh dear, I come out of self-imposed exile only to go and disappear again. What can I say I am toying with your affections - I'm just a nasty tease really.

I absconded to my parents, in Nottinghamshire, for the weekend. It was little fella's birthday on the Friday so we celebrated with a couple of his cousins. The weather was gorgeous so there were lots of fun and frolics in the garden. For me a day off work combined with sunshine was a dream.

Saturday was a journey by tram into the centre of Nottingham. While I hurtled around getting all the shopping I needed to get. Little fella played in the new fountain in the re-vamped Market Square. Some children came well prepared with swim suits, toys and towels. Being not so well prepared, one little person had a soggy journey back on the tram.

I couldn't resist getting this book - no sock or glove is safe!

Saturday afternoon I took full advantage of the Powell and Pressburger double bill on BBC2 to finish the handquilting on the baby quilt. By the time Moira Shearer was meeting her untimely demise I had stitched my last stitch. Hurrah! My thumb, which bears the brunt of my needle wielding, survived with minimal damage.

I have a few other things to show you but I think I'll opt to 'show and tell' over the next few days. That way I am on a promise and woe betide me if I break a promise.

9 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

Looking forward to the show and tell! That book looks like a lot of fun!!

August 06, 2007 10:04 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

Hello, and a happy belated birthday to your little guy.

That book has been on my wish list for a bit - is it good?

August 06, 2007 10:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful stitching on that quilt! and hoorah for a japanese craft book in english!

August 06, 2007 11:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, no..you've startred it again now..jump in and stay around. I'm in fear of being tracked in the IT systems as some kind of stalker..i've been back to check on you so often! SIT. STAY.
(The parcel i promised you...it's coming. A little slowly..it missed a couple of post trucks!)

August 06, 2007 11:35 pm  
Blogger Soo said...

the quilt is beautiful...it looks amazing all quilted!

August 07, 2007 11:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that baby quilt is delightful!

August 07, 2007 1:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love the quilt! :o)

August 07, 2007 1:28 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Glad to see back and good to hear you had a successful weekend, looking forward to your show and tell.

August 07, 2007 7:16 pm  
Blogger CharlieP said...

WOW! That quilt is gorgeous!

August 20, 2007 5:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home