Friday, August 24, 2007

sporadic, sparse, lacklustre ...

all these words seem to sum up my blogging and crafting habits over the last five or so weeks. The school holidays mixed with working and the most disappointing and dreary weather have left me with neither the time nor the desire to craft or blog.

There have been a few glimmers of things happening although not much really but things, I hope, are starting to look up. Today was my last day of work before starting a two week holiday. The first week we are all off to brave the weather and will be hitting the North Norfolk coast. Days of beaches, chips and playing the slotties lie ahead. I'm hoping that the change of scenery will fire up my enthusiasm and help inspire me.

The second week the little fella goes back to school and I hope to catch some of the new shoes and new pencil case spirit and use my time off to get busy with some new projects and maybe actually finish some projects that have been hanging around for way too long.

Now better go and get the packing done whilst daydreaming of having this as my crafting space.It is Martha Stewart's creative refuge and you can 'ooh' and 'ahh' and 'if only' over it all here.

Have fun and I'll See you in September (which sounds a lot further away than it really is).

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG she has drawers with little compartments for each pair of scissors!! If I manage to shove ribbon or buttons into jars I think I'm doing well.
Have a good time in Norfolk.

August 24, 2007 7:03 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

Is it really September in 2 weeks?! Have a wonderful holiday - the forecast is looking brighter - hope you get some sun.

And I love and hate Martha in the same moment.

August 24, 2007 7:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the room but she is a bit freaky with her organised drawers and stuff. *runs screaming into the room and messes it all up*.

Have a great holiday. Am deeply envious. I love Norfolk.

Jenny

August 24, 2007 8:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your holiday break! That is a work space to swoon over! Ah, yes..."if only!" Happy Day :o)

August 27, 2007 12:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we will pass each other on the Pier or some such place without even knowing, have a great time. BTW just in case we will be the impossibly rich, well groomed,dashingly handsome and impeccably mannered family - LOL

August 28, 2007 1:41 pm  
Blogger Angel Jem said...

See you then!

September 01, 2007 11:58 pm  
Blogger Matroskin said...

Had a look at your blog. Nice things! I love the bag. And thanks for the hint about the animal book. I love making soft animals. Have a nice weekend!

September 08, 2007 2:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drooled over Martha'a craft room, too. Even if I had a space like hers, with all that storage, it would NEVER be that tidy!

September 12, 2007 10:58 am  
Blogger Ferret said...

Yes I think I could work with that studio.

I bet you get back into the swing of things when school starts and you get your routine back.

September 12, 2007 11:41 am  
Blogger dottyspots said...

LOL! Glad to see I'm not the only person who has craft-space envy!

There's no 'back-to-school' here (as my youngest two will be home-educated), but I have given notice on one of my jobs so I'm hoping to get back to crafting normality soon (really looking forward to it) and will be getting a new camera so I can actually post pics for a change.

September 24, 2007 1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home