Monday, October 15, 2007

ally pally with my pal ali ...

OK that title came to me in the shower this morning and boy was I chuffed with myself. I know, I know how sad is that?!

Anyway, yesterday I met up with Ali to head off to the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexandra Palace. Monica was going to come too but sadly couldn't because of poorly children and Ali nearly didn't come because of an injured little boy. The omens were not good.

But I had a fantastic time and Ali was good company as always. I had never been to a Knitting and Stitching show before so really had no idea what to expect. The exhibition was huge and had far more in it that I had anticipated. It was quite overawing and there were so many people and so many things to see.

I did see a few things I really liked, like this girl's work. There was another lady's work who I really liked but I can't remember her name now. I saw some of Julie Arkell's gorgeous creations up close and I fell even more in love with them sadly they were a little bit too pricey for me so I bought a book about her work instead.We also browsed around all the fabric, wool, notion and accoutrement stalls. Infact it was really too much for me to take in. In the end I just bought some thread - I feel a new favourite colour combination coming on.

And some linen squares and linen thread. I have some ideas but nothing really formulated yet - I think I need to have a bit of a play around with them first.

13 Comments:

Blogger Locket Pocket said...

nice goodies caroline! thanks for your comment about my allotment. lucy x

October 15, 2007 7:18 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

Top title! And I was so busy buying everything in sight I hadn't realized how frugal you had been. Congrats on your self-control!

October 15, 2007 8:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I went to ally pally on saturday and it was amazing but I must have missed the stand that you visited! can you let me have the details of the suppliers that you bought your thread and linen from my email is anarosemarie@aol.com.

I would very much appreciate it.
thanks
Ana

October 15, 2007 8:42 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I was there on Saturday and had a great time too. It was fabulous to see see Julie Arkells work up close and yes, I bought the book too!

Will share my haul soon.

October 15, 2007 9:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jealous!! I'm so jealous!!!

glad you had a good time though. And although I didn't make it, if I did... I would have totally spoiled your title!!!

October 15, 2007 10:18 pm  
Blogger Di said...

I am glad that you had a good time! It looks like you were remarkably restrained!! I like the Julie Arkell work!

October 15, 2007 11:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the quirkle lady too! And I didn't buy much either because I found it so crowded it was difficult to shop. I did get some groovy buttons though and a Tilleke Schwarz book. I loved the graduate work best- so inspiring.

October 16, 2007 9:15 am  
Blogger Jade said...

Love your show goodies! You've got fantastic self-restraint...don't think I would have been as good.

October 16, 2007 10:40 am  
Blogger dottycookie said...

Ooooh that all looks lovely. Sounds like you had a great time, and I'm only a tiny little bit envious, honest!

October 16, 2007 12:47 pm  
Blogger Soo said...

What wonderful goodies! I love the colours of your threads, they're gorgeous.

October 17, 2007 12:35 am  
Blogger tess said...

I love the colours of the threads too, not colours I've used before, looking forward to seeing what you make!

October 17, 2007 9:14 am  
Blogger julie said...

It's funny how stuff to write on your blog pops into your head at the funniest moments - great title though! Glad you had a fun time - love the Julie Arkell book and the threads.

October 17, 2007 11:37 am  
Blogger A home sewn, recycled,vintage life said...

qvnkmxlsI went to Ally Pally on the Friday, paid for by the College personal development you know hee hee! It was FAB! and I totally fell in love with Julie Arkels creations as well.

October 18, 2007 3:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home