Sunday, October 07, 2007

look ...

can that really be some craftiness going on?

We have a sketch
fabrics and interfacings have been cut out and notions assembled. Surely his can mean only one thing - finally there is actually going to be some sewing going on. I am planning to work on an adaptation of the Lotta bag using the very bright Schiaparelli pink corduroy that I bought the other day.

This sudden desire for creativity is part in thanks to meeting up with some very creative knitty ladies on Wednesday evening. It was the Liberty shopping evening - with free wine and 15% off purchases who could resist? But it was watching these girls working on their various projects that made me desirous of a project of my own.

So the first job was cleaning my crafting corner - it truly looked like a bomb had hit it. There was paper, fabric and stuff scattered everywhere. It was just not conducive to encouraging the creative muses to bestow their gifts. So yesterday afternoon I dusted, polished, hoovered and generally straightened everything up. Boy, it felt good! and the bonus is that I now have the room to sew and I actually feel like it.

Thread and needles willing I'll show you photos of the finished bag, all sewn up, tomorrow.

7 Comments:

Blogger dottycookie said...

Gorgeous colours.

I'm very envious - we were supposed to be going to Liberty today but the trains into London form here are all partly replaced by buses so ... another day perhaps.

Online retail therapy, that's the ticket.

October 07, 2007 3:23 pm  
Blogger tess said...

Love the pink, can't wait to see it, shopping and wine and a discount, sounds perfect. My craft stuff is spread like a bomb has hit it all over the whole house, and I should probably do something about it!

October 07, 2007 4:26 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

Must be something in the air - I've got a Lotta mark 2 in cord on my table too... Spooky!

Will it be all set for an outing on Sunday?

October 07, 2007 5:12 pm  
Blogger Kelly said...

fantastic pink cord! -kb

October 07, 2007 11:50 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh lovely, gorgeous pink cord. I am thinking about a winter Lotta bag too, I loved my summer one, will wait with interest to see your version. Were do you get your beautiful cords? I seem to be so fabric starved up here, I would love something like that for Tilly's winter wardrobe?

October 08, 2007 10:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it! I made a Lotta bag and I really like it - use it as my knitting bag. I used to live in London and I'm glad I didn't sew then. If I had thought of Liberty for fabric I would have starved from spending all my money on fabric!

October 08, 2007 3:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thank you for these two "bag" posts. After reading them I got Lotta's book. The patterns are wonderful and so simple, so I'm making bags for christmas for everyone, even the the guys.

Some photos are on my blog now. www.ainelivia.typepad.com

December 17, 2007 8:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home