Saturday, October 27, 2007

momentum ...

I seem to have been building up quite a head of steam this week - can you believe that I have posted nearly every day this week? Let's see if I can keep this momentum going.

Little Fella's best friend at school is having a rough time of it at the moment. She is in hospital after having to have her appendix removed on Thursday. So we went to visit her today and we took along a little present.
In case you can't guess he's a horse - or maybe that should be she's a horse. She will probably be in hospital until Tuesday so there are more visits planned. It felt very good to sit down last night and make this little gift. He's made from a pair of M&S thermal mens' socks, his mane is lilac wool and his eyes bright shiny brown buttons. I think I can feel the crafting momentum picking up it's pace again too

My thanks for you thoughts regarding my work decision. After carefully considering it I have decided to increase my working hours - an extra two hours a day. But the exciting thing is that I have been given some extra responsibilities which I am really quite excited about. Although I am expecting to get quite highly strung and stressed over the next couple of weeks as I try to get to grips with it all - but it is a great opportunity and I feel flattered to have been asked.

8 Comments:

Blogger Locket Pocket said...

What a gorgeous present Caroline! I think I might have to try out one of these sock creatures some day soon, I keep seeing such inspiring creations! Lucy x

October 27, 2007 6:18 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

What a great pressie - I'm sure it'll cheer them up.

October 27, 2007 10:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's so lovely! did you make up the pattern yourself?

October 28, 2007 3:14 am  
Blogger Di said...

Great little horse! I love the lilac main!

October 28, 2007 9:24 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh that is lovely Caroline, a perfect get well present.

Glad you have made your decision and are feeling excited about your new challenges.

October 28, 2007 6:49 pm  
Blogger PĂ©itseoga said...

cute! i want to make the zebra from 'sock and glove' but have no stripy socks! maybe i'll make a horse too!

October 28, 2007 9:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having just started blogging myself after lurking around everyones blogs I'm impressed by anyone who can post almost everyday.

Love the horse its a great present.

Clare
x

October 28, 2007 10:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on the work front!

And the horse is very very cute. Bet it was well received too!

October 30, 2007 10:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home