Tuesday, October 23, 2007

the second day...

of the half term holidays and my last day of leave from work - no more days off now until well after Christmas is a dim and distant memory of worn out batteries and half used packets of Rennie.

But the lurgy has struck big time - so don't come too close - my poor ears are hurting and my sinus's are aching. A hot whiskey is definitely called for later this evening. Before that there's the chicken casserole which is bubbling in the oven and is just perfect for these colder days and germ ridden individuals. Only I rubbed my eye after handling the chillis - so add eye burn to the above list of ailments!

So as it is today involved no trip out - but rather enjoying reading together with Little Fella both out loud and in our heads. But I did knock out a little penholder just to keep my crafting hand in. It is inspired by shim+sons penholder. It was a very quick and easy project for which I used an empty, cleaned chopped tomato tin. It is by no means perfect - notice I'm not showing you the back of it!

7 Comments:

Blogger Locket Pocket said...

Sorry you are feeling poorly. Love that pencil pot though - the fabrics are brilliant - I never have confidence to mix like that, but blogland is gradually widening my horizons!!! Lucy x

October 23, 2007 6:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sorry about the sickness... not nice.

and no more holidays? Poor you.

That pot looks gorgeous though!

October 23, 2007 7:51 pm  
Blogger Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Hope your feeling better soon, lovin' that fabric and what a cool thing to do with it!!!
Suzie Sews

October 23, 2007 7:59 pm  
Blogger dottycookie said...

Ugh how horrid to have to "waste" a day of holiday feeling rotten. The pot is completely gorgeous though - I have lots of tins that could do with that treatment!

October 23, 2007 8:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poor you. Hope you are feeling better soon. Lovely pen holder thanks for the idea!

October 24, 2007 7:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you 'feel better' wishes... x

PS lovely choice of fabrics!

October 24, 2007 1:16 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is such a great use of a tin! I am totally inspired, thank you.

I actually eeked out loud when I read about the chilli incident, if I had a penny for every time..... Do hope you are on the mend soon, it is all about the germs up here too, half term is not until next week but Dylan has already been home 2 days this week with a stomach bug, so hoping the rest of us avoid that one.

October 24, 2007 8:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home