Tuesday, October 30, 2007

newness and no photos...

so here we are a day into a new week. A week where I have acquired a new baby - no you didn't miss any pregnancy related posts - this baby is my new black MacBook. It is gorgeous and so spritely quick when it comes to all computer related stuff. Although I have not put any photos on it yet hence this is a photo-less post.

My new work hours started yesterday and so far so good even though the little fella was sent home early from school yesterday. On arriving home he promptly threw up but the man of the house dealt with it all - what a star. That's how I can go back to work because my husband works from home and so any sick days can usually be covered without me having to scoot out of work.

I haven't got to grips with the new element of my work yet - I have a section to look after - but I hope to get down to it properly tomorrow. Although I do find the whole thing rather daunting.
This afternoon as a new member of V&A Friends I went on my induction tour which was fascinating and I got to checkout the Friends' Room where you can enjoy a quiet sit down with a cup of tea and slice of cake. I didn't have time to take in the Couture Exhibition so that will have to be done another day

Just one final thing my husband has been working on a little film. It is a short film for the Daily Telegraph Ford Film Challenge competition. You can go and watch it here the film you are looking for is 'The Tree' and if you feel so inclined you can even vote for it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

The Mister's film is great! Can imagine it in glorious surround sound.

And a MacBook sounds extremely snazzy.

October 31, 2007 9:55 am  
Blogger dottycookie said...

Oh, how I adore my mac. Even if it is now slow & old & a bit cantankerous (sounds like me actually).

I hope your little man feels better soon, and you stay bug-free - there is a sicky one going round school here too and I am dreading it coming home ...

October 31, 2007 4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A black mac book, fab very stylish! Do hope the little man gets well soon. I have been meaning to join the V & A as I spend so much time there, the new couture exhibition looks so good but when I wonder in to see it the queues always put me off!

November 02, 2007 8:19 pm  
Blogger Starla said...

congrats on your new addition! funny thing...i just got a new black macbook today! aren't they lovely!

November 03, 2007 10:33 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh - a quiet rom at the V&A - what a treat.

November 04, 2007 11:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home