Tuesday, October 10, 2006

are you sitting comfortably? ...

... then I will begin. Firstly my apologies for being a very bad blogger but I bring news.

I have finished the dress and I am very pleased with it, although the weather is so unseasonably warm that I haven't worn it out yet. I have only worn it to try it on and pin hems and the like.

Thank you for all the advice regarding the lining. I did keep it separate from the skirt just attaching it at the waistband. I liked the idea of the lining and skirt being sewn together partly to cut in half the number of seams I would have to sew (lazy girl). But also I liked the idea that it would give the skirt more definition, however, I don't think that would have suited the pattern.

I have also finished some secret knitting. No picture, duh, otherwise it wouldn't be a secret.

Finally, I sent of my swap package to Flibbertygibbet. I have been so bad about sending it off, it has been ready to go for days now even so I still forgot to take a photo. Whilst at the post office I also sent off this little good luck gift to a fellow blogger

I still have a very long overdue 'thank you' to get together and send off so that is now a top priority.

Oh and last but not least I've gone and got myself a job. I found out about it last week and I start this Thursday - my head is still reeling. It is an admin job in a local bookshop and is just mornings. I am going to have to be far more organised.

9 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Congratulations on the job: what can be better then working in a bookshop?

The dress is lovely, very like some in the Boden catalogue.

October 10, 2006 9:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A job in a bookshop sounds amazing - love the way you just drop it into your post as an afterthought! Big congratulations to you.

The dress looks amazing and incredibly professionally sewn. I see it in the bookshop with killer boots.

And where's that Moopy off to then ;)

October 10, 2006 10:40 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Fabulous dress! Wonderful minimoopy - love the fabrics and coloyrs you used.
Congratulations on the job!

October 10, 2006 11:34 pm  
Blogger Soo said...

The dress looks great!!!
Lucky you, I'd love to work in a bookshop.

October 11, 2006 5:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore the dress, it looks great in the fabric you used. Hope you get to wear it soon. The little fella is cute too.

October 11, 2006 10:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was at college I worked Saturday in an antique book shop. I loved it. There's something about the smell of paper and being surrounded by books... Congratulations!

The dress is gorgeous and the thank you gift totally cute. Wonderful fabric.

October 11, 2006 2:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute mini moopy! I absolutely LOVE the dress and you know, if the weather was bad I would wear it over a pair of trousers or jeans and it would still look fab! Let me know if you get fed up with it ;) ! Oh and congrats on the job!

October 11, 2006 2:44 pm  
Blogger A home sewn, recycled,vintage life said...

A HUGE! Congratulations on a) Landing yourself an ideal job Well done! and GOOD LUCK! And b) finishing the dress, it looks great! Weird weather we are having eh. Wet and very warm! Just one thing though! (say this bit in a hipnotic voice)re-s-i-s-t!! your wages are not for b-o-o-ks, well maybe just a few?

October 11, 2006 8:50 pm  
Blogger Lauri said...

I love that dress!

And congratulations on your new job!

October 13, 2006 4:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home