Monday, November 05, 2007

5 days ...

So here it is November 5th and 5 days into the nablopomo challenge that some of you have taken up. I read about it and thought what a good idea - the kick in the backside I need to getting me blogging regularly again. But the problem is with all this daily posting by some of my favourite blogs, I am reading rather than writing. So sorry but I will just be as sporadic as ever.

This weekend was the most amazing burnt golden weekend I have seen in a long time. The sun shone and the leaves in all theit autumnal hues glowed like a myriad of gems. Oh dear I seem to be slipping into Romantic Poetry territory but you get the drift. In fact this morning was glorious and I wanted to do a bunk and not turn up for work but rather go down to the park and kick and scuff through the piles of fallen leaves.

Another autumn gem to arrive this weekend was the Persephone catalogue and Biannual which has made for excellent perusing. I think this Christmas I will be adding several of the books to my wishlist - I would so love to have their entire catalogue in my posession as there is never a duff book published by them. And what can I say I covet books.

This evening after work I finally got around to making the Chocolate Pannacotta that I mentioned a little while ago. The recipe comes from the Tessa Kiros book 'Apples for Jam' and when we eat them tomorrow evening I'll let you know if they are as good as they look in the photograph in her book. Although I will state now that I am little concerned that I may have not added enough gelatine. I used the sheet variety and trying to measure 6 grammes of the stuff on my scales was nigh on impossible.
And being the fifth of November what would I be if I didn't leave you with at least one firework shot.

8 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

Happy Guy Fawkes Night!! I've just been to see a great display in a nearby park but your little firework looks great too!!

November 05, 2007 8:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the persephone books too a great read and great end-papers too. We had to watch from the warmth of the sitting room at the fireworks in the square as the dogs go a little loopy if left alone with all the bangs. The chocolate pannacotta sounds yummy too.

November 06, 2007 7:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am having trouble trying to decide which bools to put on my Christmas list as there are so many good ones to choose from. i love recieving their biannual. The events always sound great, but I am yet to attend one, and I just loved the book mark with this issue.

November 06, 2007 9:43 am  
Blogger Sandra Evertson said...

Love the little pony below, reminds me of the camel with the wrinkled knees in the old Raggedy Ann books!
Sandra Evertson

November 06, 2007 5:09 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

You are right it was a glorious London weekend and I too would definitely be up for bunking off work for a morning in the park...and maybe lunch in a cafe...and tea and cake in the afternoon!

November 06, 2007 7:42 pm  
Blogger Angel Jem said...

Oh yes! The Persephone biannual sits by my chair with blue stars highlighting the ones I want. I thinksomebody very kind is going to sign me up for a book a month for six months for Christmas....


And 'Apples For Jam' is my favourite cookbook for several reasons; I like books that are more than just cookbooks, the shoes are wondeful and, indeed, every photo in the book is gorgeously unposed and I love the idea of organising a book by colour. And, I suspect most importantly for a cook book it is very useable with recipes that work and that fit into a family's lifestyle. Mmmm

November 06, 2007 8:55 pm  
Blogger Felicia said...

What beautiful color!

November 07, 2007 2:17 pm  
Blogger Joanna said...

The colours this autumn have been sublime. Looking forward to hearing how the puds turned out

November 07, 2007 10:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home