Thursday, November 08, 2007

this is where I want to be...

yep - I long to be in my bed all snuggled up under the duvet reading my book. It has been a very tiring week and it's not even Friday yet. So am I regretting taking on extra hours and responsibility? No, life is to short for regrets (oh, how easy it is to say that but how much harder to really mean it).

The problem lies in just not being able to sleep properly. This is now the second week of disturbed sleep with no apparent reason for it. Oh well, it means I can crawl into bed early and read my book.

I'm currently reading the Alice Sebold book "The Almost Moon" which is very cheery reading indeed. The blurb at the back, "when all is said and done, killing my mother came easily", gives a fairly good indication of just quite how cheery it is. Then after that I plan to read "Someone at a Distance" by Dorothy Whipple which is one of the Persephone range. Another rather cheery read me thinks - this time the breakdown of a marriage and its effects upon the family - "a brilliant account of fraility and folly".

And now that the nights are getting colder I am very grateful for the extra warmth provided by this quilt.I made it a couple of years ago from plain brushed cottons. It is gorgeously cosy.

Oh how I do love my bed. So goodnight, sleep tight watch the bugs don't bite and pleasant dreams to you all.

28 Comments:

Blogger Locket Pocket said...

Hope you have a good night's sleep Caroline! I haven't let myself read for ages because I keep thinking I should be sewing but then I end up reading blogs instead and not making anything! Prevarication is a dangerous business!!!

Lucy x

November 08, 2007 7:20 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Love your quilt - looks very cosy!

November 08, 2007 7:24 pm  
Blogger martha said...

Your quilt is quite lovely!

November 08, 2007 7:41 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

What a beautifully made bed. I give up, because some little scamp is always leaping on ours.

And an early night with a good book sounds perfect.

November 08, 2007 8:55 pm  
Blogger emily said...

lovely quilt!!

November 09, 2007 5:35 am  
Blogger dottycookie said...

I'm not surprised you like snuggling under that quilt - it's gorgeous!

November 09, 2007 9:47 am  
Blogger craftoholic said...

Beautiful quilt! Lately I've been taking a warm shower right before going to bed, I get a much better night's sleep.

November 09, 2007 4:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you can relax enough over the weekend to get a good night's sleep. The quilt looks lovely, really snuggly looking, just how a quilt should be.

November 10, 2007 9:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Night night. Love the quilt!

November 11, 2007 9:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*has quilt envy*

November 11, 2007 3:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh that's beautiful! x

November 12, 2007 2:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, this is a fab quilt... show us some more in the daylight!!

November 12, 2007 6:21 pm  
Blogger Jessica said...

I love the quilt~~

November 13, 2007 1:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't think of a nicer place to be than snuggled up in bed with the book of the moment and mine hasn't even got a beautiful quilt like yours.

November 15, 2007 7:32 pm  
Blogger GenerallyGemma said...

Quilt envy happening here too! That is simply divine!

November 20, 2007 9:05 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your quilt is beautiful, but you pillows look so comfortable, and Im yawning as I write

November 28, 2007 10:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you still in there? Are you hibernating?
Seriously, hope all is well...missing your posts! xxx

November 30, 2007 10:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt! And the book sounds fabulous!

November 30, 2007 3:28 pm  
Blogger hannah said...

love that quilt!

November 30, 2007 9:39 pm  
Blogger kirsten*can said...

hey, caroline! just wanted to drop a note that we decorated our tree today - and when i pulled out your felt star ornament i thought of you! it looks wonderful on our tree. thanks again!

December 02, 2007 2:11 am  
Blogger Joanna said...

cor i love that quilt. sorry if you hate being tagged but I have tagged you http://joannabags.blogspot.com/

December 04, 2007 2:31 pm  
Blogger Navel Gazer said...

I hope you are okay - missing your blog. Happy new year

December 31, 2007 1:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year....xxx

January 01, 2008 3:50 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hope all is well with you - Best wishes for the New Year!

January 05, 2008 9:09 pm  
Blogger SaRi said...

Happy New Year. I hope you found time to sleep and read and relax. Missing your blog.

January 18, 2008 9:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ick. Sleep issues are lousy. I'm feelin it for ya. But on a different note, well done with that quilt. So gorgeous!

February 11, 2008 12:21 am  
Blogger Lazylol said...

Come back - we miss you!

February 11, 2008 3:23 pm  
Blogger Lucelu said...

I've read that book. I gave it to the library after I finished because I didn't want it in my house anymore. Almost Moon's cover is cheerful orange, don't let it fool you. Find a happy fantastical book or something dry and boring to read before sleep, this one may make you restless. On a lighter note, I love your quilt!

February 28, 2008 1:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home