I've been tagged by Knitting Ingrid
so here are seven random things about me.
1. I was born in the Chinese year of the Pig and my element is metal. Which apparently means I am strong and assertive, passionate, cheerful, industrious and worth my weight in gold. But not a very good judge of character and tend to think other people are better than they really are. I am also prone to naivety, materialism, superficiality and laziness. So now consider yourself warned.
2. My favourite facial wash is Mario Badescu
's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser. So much so that I used to get it Fed Ex'd from New York (that sounds so extravagant doesn't it?!). Luckily there are now a couple of places in London I can get it from.
3. I am currently reading 'Salt
' by Jeremy Page. It is a book set in one of my favourite places - North Norfolk but I have only really just started it so the jury is still out on what I think of the book although so far it is favourable.
4. I used to have a gap between my front teeth, the technical term is a diastema, but I had it filled a couple of years ago. It was not much fun studying Chaucer's 'The Wife of Bath' because she was 'gat-toothed' a sure sign of a whore back then - that made for fun in class.
5. I used to do Judo and got as far as orange belt otherwise known as fourth kyu.
6. The first CD I ever bought was 10,000 Maniacs "In My Tribe
", which was far cooler than the first record I bought which I think was Bucks Fizz
"My Camera Never Lies". Bucks Fizz were the first band I ever saw play live. I saw them play Mansfield Leisure Centre and their support act was Bob Carolgees with Spit the Dog - oh, I tell you it was a real classy evening! I later went on to see many more bands play live and most far less damaging to my street cred.
7. I am scared of clowns or indeed anyone dressed up in a character outfit. Just the thought of them makes my skin crawl.