well a day later than promised here are my 8 things:
1. Despite my sewing skills I don't ever seem to get around to sewing buttons back onto shirts or stitch hems back up. I have been known to have trouser hems that are held up with sellotape and when that fails I just replace the tape with more tape. Lazy? No, just saving those skills for something more interesting.
2. I have a thing for books. The flat is littered with hundreds of books and there is even a little box room rather grandly called 'the library'
that is full of books but they are by no means restricted to just that room.
I have a small bookcase full of my craft books.
My 90-odd cookery books are on shelves in the kitchen.
The front room has more shelves stacked with books and then of course there are the ones piled beside my bed.
3. I prefer red wine to white wine. I tend to get too tipsy, too quickly when drinking white wine. Although I love white wine of the fizzy kind.
4. Spurred on by Japanese craft books I am trying to teach myself Japanese.
I'm mainly interested in trying to get a feel for the characters but I have also bought a teach yourself CD. I am pretty bad at learning languages so don't expect anything amazing.
5. I love my music and always have my iPod with me. But I also love just sitting in absolute silence just dwelling on my thoughts. See I'm a contrary so and so.
6. I'm a Gemini which is what I blame my contrariness and vacillation on. Of course it is also what gives me my wit and intellect! Ha, ha I wish!
7. Sometimes I wish I was shorter so that I could wear killer high heels and not tower over people. I fancy a pair of classic black Manolo stilletoes. The fact that I would fall flat on my face the first step I tried to take is immaterial.
8. I passed my driving test 17 years ago and haven't driven since. So I have a licence but would you trust me behind the wheel?! I just have never needed a car because I moved to London shortly after passing the test and I just took to using the tube, buses and walking.
I am now supposed to nominate 8 other people but I think most people have already taken part in this but if you haven't and you'd like to join in then consider this an open invitation.